A key goal of Stafford Heights Kindergarten is to prepare children for their first year of formal education. From the start of the kindy year our teachers instil the importance of learning self care – a vital skill for prep.
Many parents and local primary schools have reported that our students arrive at prep confident, capable of looking after themselves, and undaunted when given tasks by their teachers.
Our prep-preparation includes:
- Creating a habit of regularly self-applying sunscreen and always wearing a hat
- Correct bathroom hygiene
- Opening own lunchboxes and tidying up after eating
- Keeping hydrated, particularly on hot days
- Forming up with partners and walking in two lines when transitioning from upstairs to downstairs
- Completing a daily sign-in sheet during term four to practise name writing.